Thursday, December 18, 2008
First Dr. Visit
I had my first pre-natal visit with one of my Dr's midwives a couple days ago to have some of my questions answered and stuff. I kept her busy for more than an hour! I had so many questions about food, nutrition, working out, lotions, chemicals and cleaning the house, morning sickness and tons more. I'm officially 5 weeks along :) When I asked her about morning sickness and when most girls get it she said between 4-6 weeks. Since I don't feel any sort of nausea at all, she said I might luck out and not have all those problems. I just have to last another week and I think I'm in the clear. That would be so great! No puking at all hours of the night and day...I got a pregnancy book and a little booklet showing pictures of the developing baby. Our first ultrasound to hear the heartbeat is Jan 7. We're so excited!! I suppose Dr. Meredith is going to check growth and try to determine when we will be able to find out if it's a boy or girl. I got a flu shot too. Don't want to be getting the flu! It looks like things are good as far as birth defects are concerend. We don't have any history of any sort on either side and there haven't been many miscarriages. I'm still nervous about a miscarriage but I'm just going to do my best to stay healthy and keep my stress levels to a minimum. My mother in law had a couple so I was told it's possible that it could happen but since my mother's side of the family has hardly any, I should be in the clear but I should still be very careful about stressful situations and keeping my body as calm and close to normal as possible. HA! Normal? While pregnant??? REALLY???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Which midwife did you see? I love those girls- that make you feel SO comfortable!! I didn't get morning sickness until like weeks 7-10 and even then I didn't feel too horrible- but, it's all part of it, and we asked for it, right??? :) I am so happy for you. Keep me updated on all the progress.
ReplyDeleteHAHA..thats funny..Normal during pregnancy! Hearing the heartbeat is so amazing. When I first heard ours its like the world stood still because it was so real!!!Yay for Babies!!
ReplyDeletePretty much all prenatal vitamins made my friend Ashley sick, so she took Flintstones vitamins! Her doctor said that it was OK and better than not taking anything.
ReplyDelete