Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dresser Project

Enoch and I found a fun little dresser we decided to make over. Enoch spent a good part of last night sanding and painting. Enoch looked at it as a good reason to by a sander. The kitchen was covered in sawdust...I didn't get any before pictures of the ugly veneer. But trust me it was hideous. I went and hid in the bedroom while sawdust flew. But Enoch being the good man he is cleaned everything up and there isn't a spec of sawdust left anywhere. He did a wonderful job painting the dresser and waking up the hardware. It was a very very ugly gold before.

My turn on the project is putting "Ashlyn" on the dresser in pink and green. I want to put a cute stencil border around the top but I haven't found one I really like.

Beginning of stenciling

Finished stenciling!

3 comments:

  1. That turned out super cute! Thank heavens for husbands being willing to help us tackle all these projects we want done before these babies come! I am getting so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job, it looks great! And the refurbished dresser is beautiful...tell Enoch nice work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cute!!! I love it I cant wait to see pictures of her I bet she will be so stinken cute!

    ReplyDelete